French Onion Dip is quick, tasty and healthy! Why’d we ever need a mix? Dairy-free so it won’t go bad on a warm day, the secret to its tantalizing flavor is dehydrated onion, found in the bulk section of most groceries or online. Premium coconut milk makes it thick and creamy. Organic miso paste makes it flavorful, alive, and GMO-free. This recipe is also free of gluten, eggs, dairy, and nightshades. My qigong students gave it a big thumbs-up and devoured the whole batch! I served it with veggie slices, a healthier alternative to chips. Fresh veggies are alive with nutrition, but chips are processed at high heat, which blasts away nutrients. This recipe makes about 1 cup dip. If you’re serving health enthusiasts, better consider doubling the recipe!
Uh Oh! These ingredients in Lipton’s Onion Dip Mix will make you laugh!
Dehydrated Onions, Processed Salt, GMO Corn Starch, GMO Beet Sugar, GMO Corn Syrup Solids, Caramel Color, Hydrolyzed GMO Soy Protein, Partially Hydrogenated GMO Soybean Oil, GMO Soy Yeast Extract, GMO Monosodium Glutamate, Natural Flavors, Disodium Inosinate and Disodium Guanylate.
If you add Conventional Sour Cream:
Cultured Pasteurized GMO Cream and Milk, GMO Whey, Modified GMO Corn Starch, Sodium Phosphate, Guar Gum, Carrageenan, Calcium Sulfate, GMO Corn Maltodextrin, Citric Acid, Carob Bean Gum, Potassium Sorbate.
- 1 can Native Forest premium unsweetened coconut milk 5.4 oz can
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 heaping teaspoon unprocessed salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch white pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon live organic miso paste chopped fine
- Handful green onions or chives, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons dehydrated onion (In the bulk section of healthy groceries)
- In a small food processor or small blender, mix all the ingredients, until smooth and creamy - except not the chunky ingredients. If the mixture separates, don't worry - keep blending until it becomes smooth and creamy. That's why a blender or processor help emulsify the mix, and mixing by hand may be problematic.
- Pour into a small serving bowl and stir in the chunky ingredients by hand. Serve with vegetable slices, if desired.