These easy Paleo cookies taste crispy, decadent, and chocolaty. But Aha! Appearances can deceive. In truth, they’re filled with the healthy whole nutrition of cashews. You can buy cashew butter. Or you can check out my easy recipe for Homemade Nut Butter in Minutes. You’ll save a bundle when you make homemade nut butters, and their flavor is incomparable! For these cookies I made lightly toasted cashews into cashew butter, as I find the natural sweetness irresistible. A low-sugar, guilt-free treat, these cookies will not spike blood glucose levels or cause weight gain if you use the suggested non-glycemic sweetener. Hooray! Yield: 70 small cookies 1 1/4-inches in diameter.
The cookie batter is thick and smooth – something like chocolate peanut butter cookies.
My teeth marks once again – Yummy!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups sweetener to taste such as Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or your favorite dry sweetener.
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 medium apple, in chunks (65 grams)
- 300 grams (10 5/8 oz.) unsweetened cashew butter, preferably toasted (That's 1 cup + 2 tablespoons cashew butter, my yield after grinding 2 cups toasted whole cashews)
- 1/2 cup almond meal or flour
- 1/2 teaspoon unprocessed salt
- 1/3 cup pure cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a food processor add eggs, sweetener, vanilla, and apple. Process until smooth and creamy. Add cashew butter and process again very well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: arrowroot, salt, cacao powder, and cinnamon. Pour the wet ingredients from the food processor into the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl, and mix by hand. The dough will be quite stiff. Chill the dough uncovered for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Form the dough into 1-inch balls spaced about 1-inch apart on the cookie sheets. It may help to oil your hands with coconut oil. Flatten with the tines of a fork in a criss-cross pattern, holding the cookie with your other hand to keep it from lifting up with the fork.
- Bake 16 to 20 minutes. Cool on a rack. You may put the cookies on a paper towel to absorb any excess oil. Then place on serving plate. Enjoy!
No Replies to "Chocolate Cashew Butter Cookies"