I’m flipped over homemade nut butters! They save money, I can make lots of flavors, and I can choose my own healthy sweeteners. High in protein and other nutrients, flavored nut butters make a great snack! Start with my simple Homemade Nut Butter recipe and then come back to this page for chocolate and flavorings. Store-bought flavored nut butters are expensive and filled with added sugars. If you have a super-blender, you can enjoy homemade flavored nut butters in minutes. A food processor will also work, if you have time and patience. Today I made this amazing Chocolate Cashew Butter, which tastes as smooth as velvet, and yummier than candy. Check out the flavorings below such as Mayan Chocolate, Mocha, and Maple. I keep my nut butters in the refrigerator as a precaution. Makes 1 cup.
Chocolate Cashew butter with Granny Smith slices!
- 1 cup Homemade Nut Butter
- 2 tablespoons pure cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons finely ground sweetener such as Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 1 1/2 teaspoons PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 2 tablespoons raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted but not hot, if necessary to blend.
- Follow the Chocolate Nut Butter recipe above. Add 1/4 teaspoon maple flavoring, and 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract.
- Follow the Chocolate Nut Butter recipe above. Add 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and a pinch of cayenne.
- Follow the Chocolate Nut Butter recipe above. Add 1/2 teaspoon Mt. Hagen organic decaffeinated coffee crystals
- First make your simple nut butter. See Homemade Nut Butters in Minutes.
- After your simple nut butter is smooth, place the above flavoring ingredients into your small blender, food processor, or mixing bowl and mix well.
No Replies to "Chocolate Nut Butters"