Hello friends, here is my brief video on how to conquer Hypertension and COPD, two top Covid comorbidities. I challenge a few myths, clarify the mystery cause of hypertension and explain how to reverse it. Comorbidity diseases increase the severity and risk of Covid. I’m featuring this 9-part video series to highlight the importance of taking responsibility for our own health and building your immune system.
Hypertension, or high blood pressure, affects 1.2 billion people in the world! It is a precursor to the world’s worst killer, Heart Disease. This video also addresses COPD, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, which afflicts 560 million people. Hope it is helpful!
What is Hypertension?
Hypertension is one of the top comorbidities to Covid-19. If you have hypertension then Covid-19 can be serious. Hypertension is one of the primary risk factors for heart disease and stroke, the leading causes of death worldwide. Recent analyses say that as of the year 2000, there were 972 million people living with hypertension worldwide, and it is estimated that this number will escalate to more than 1.56 billion by the year 2025. Awareness, prevention, treatment and control of hypertension is an important public health issue.
Hypertension or high blood pressure occurs when the blood vessels are clogged with plaque or debris and have persistently raised pressure. Blood is carried from the heart to all parts of the body in the vessels. Each time the heart beats, it pumps blood through the vessels. Blood pressure is the force of blood pushing against the walls of the arteries. The greater the buildup of debris, the higher the pressure, the harder the heart must pump.
- Hypertension, or clogged arteries affects nearly half of adults in the United States (108 million, or 45%).
Hypertension is increasing rapidly since 1979, perhaps in tandem with the rise of industrially processed foods.
- Having hypertension puts you at risk for heart disease and stroke, which are leading causes of death in the United States.
- In 2017, nearly half a million deaths in the United States included hypertension as a primary or contributing cause, causing over 1300 deaths per day.
- defined as a systolic blood pressure ? 130 mm Hg or a diastolic blood pressure ? 80 mm
- Only about 1 in 4 adults (24%) with hypertension have their condition under control.
Flour, sugar, and extracted seed oils combine to make fatty plaque which accumulates in the blood vessels. Combined with a lack of movement, this can create blockage in the blood vessels. Plaque is like hard plastic glue that attaches itself to the inside of the arteries, especially those coming out of the heart, so that they are stiff, smaller diameter have less capacity for blood flow. This constricted flow is called hypertension.
Top Solution to Pandemic #5 – Hypertension:
Eliminate all high glycemic foods, Skip extracted seed oils like corn, soy, canola, safflower, peanut, sunflower and “vegetable” oils. Use instead coconut oil, pure 100% olive oil, and avocado oil. Eliminate flour and low fiber foods.
What is COPD?
COPD is a progressive obstructive lung disease that is a major cause of death in the US. COPD recently became the third leading cause of death. Although it is not a fast-growing pandemic – it increases at the rate of lung pollution. However, it is a top comorbidity with Covid-19. Hence pre-exiting COPD may make your Covid-19 potentially fatal.
In the US, COPD affects more than 15 million Americans.
More than 140,000 Americans die of COPD each year – that is 1 death every 4 minutes!
In the world in 2015, 3.2 million people died from COPD worldwide, an increase of 11.6 percent compared with 1990. During that same time period, the prevalence of COPD increased by 44.2 percent to 174.5 million individuals. In the US, an estimated 16 million adults have COPD.
COPD Symptoms include:
- Shortness of breath, especially during physical activities
- Chronic cough
- Chest tightness
- Excess mucus build-up
- Blue lips and fingernail beds
- Frequent respiratory infections
- Unintended weight loss (in later stages)
- Swelling in ankles, feet or legs
Facts about COPD:
- COPD consists of primarily chronic bronchitis, emphysema. These two can coexist.
- COPD causes chronic lung damage and cannot be cured. If you look at the lung of a COPD patient, it is entirely black and can’t be cleaned. But you can halt the progression of the disease and give drugs that can improve the quality of life and ease symptoms.
- Long-term exposure to smoking, ambient outdoor pollution, workplace air toxicity, construction pollution, farming toxic dust, biomass fuel, and home pollution are the primary causes of COPD. This reinforces the urgency of global strategies to mitigate air pollution for improvement of pulmonary health and prevention of COPD.
- Worldwide, mosquito coils are a risk. One mosquito coil is equal to 100 cigarettes, as people breathe it at night. Hence, one mosquito coil is equal to serious air pollution in some major cities.
Top Solutions to COPD:
Don’t Smoke, Get a home air cleaner, Live in a clean environment, Open the windows.
High-fiber, Low-Sugar, Alkaline diet, Exercise, Drink Clean Water, Exercise, Relax, Enjoy life.