When I need a luscious snack or dessert in 5 minutes, this is my favorite treat. Creamy, rich chocolate is not only a gentle aphrodisiac. It also contains natural mood elevators such as Theobromine, and Phenethylamine, often called the “Love” chemical. Avocado lends a beautiful smooth consistency, and its taste disappears in the mix of chocolaty flavors. This uses pure unsweetened cacao and natural chicory root sweetener, so it satisfies my sweet cravings with no effect on blood sugar. Hooray! Makes 2 1/2 cups, or 2 generous servings. Find more Paleo Desserts in my book at PaleoDesserts.com!
- 1 3/4 cups medium to thick unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/3 cup Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 1 tablespoon PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 1/4 cup raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pure cacao powder
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- In any blender or food processor, combine the coconut milk, sweetener, vanilla, and cacao powder. Mix well.
- Add the avocado last, and blend until smooth.
- Pour into dessert cups and serve immediately. Or chill to thicken even more.
- Optional garnish - Instant Whipped Cream with shaved chocolate or unsweetened cacao nibs.
- Layer the mousse into cups in 2 layers. After the first layer, divide evenly between the cups: 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cacao nibs, 2 tablespoons yacon syrup, and 1 teaspoon decaffeinated coffee powder. Put just a bit of this on the first layer of each cup, and as a final topping. Wow!