Make this yummy, rich, satisfying treat in just a few minutes. Smooth, creamy sweet potato with coconut butter tastes just like butterscotch pudding. AND it’s a healthy vegetable! Sweet potatoes are high in beta-carotene and Vitamin A, a powerful antioxidant. They’re loaded with Vitamin B6, which is crucial in preventing hardening of the arteries. Sweet potatoes are also high in fiber, which gives them a “slow burning” quality. Just blend the ingredients slightly warm, and they’ll soften into a lovely pudding quality. It tastes wonderful eaten right away warm, or you can chill it to thicken even more. This is delicious with Instant Coconut Whipped Cream. Serves 2.
Instant Sweet Potato Butterscotch Mousse
- 1 medium sweet potato, baked and warm
- Sweeten to taste with about 1/4 cup Just Like Sugar Brown natural chicory root sweetener, or 2 teaspoons PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 3 tablespoons raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- 1/4 cup warm coconut butter. (Place the jar in a container of hot water, or spoon into a bowl and heat in the oven briefly)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, softened and warm, same as above.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon maple flavor
- Pinch cinnamon
- Pinch of orange or lemon zest (micro-grater is best)
- Pinch unprocessed salt
- Top it with Instant Coconut Whipped Creme and/or a sprinkle of cinnamon
- Place all ingredients in any blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into dessert cups and enjoy immediately.
- Garnish with Instant Coconut Whipped Creme and/or a sprinkle of cinnamon
©Copyright Jane Barthelemy 2012
No Replies to "Instant Sweet Potato Butterscotch Mousse"