This cool, refreshing drink is a quick snack or tantalizing treat. Kiwi and Lime are a delicious combination, and they taste even better than Key Lime Pie! Mild avocado gives an irresistibly creamy smooth texture. Just blend and enjoy immediately. If you chill for 30 minutes it will thicken even more into a tempting dessert. So Luscious! Serves 4.
Kiwi Lime Cooler
- 2 limes
- 1 can thick, unsweetened coconut milk, such as Native Forest brand (1 3/4 cups)
- Sweeten to taste with about 1 cup Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 2 2/3 tablespoons PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 3/4 cup raw honey, or your favorite sweetener
- 2 kiwis, peeled and cut in chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup optional coconut oil, melted but not hot (set the jar in a bowl of lukewarm water to melt)
- Prepare 4 stem glasses.
- Zest one of the limes into any blender. Then cut away the peel and white pith of both limes with a knife. Slice them and put them in the blender.
- Add to the blender the coconut milk, sweetener, kiwis, vanilla, and blend well.
- Add the avocado meat and blend again until smooth.
- Add optional coconut oil and blend again.
- Pour into glasses. You can enjoy this immediately or chill to thicken 30 minutes.
©Copyright Jane Barthelemy 2012
No Replies to "Kiwi Lime Cooler"