I was making the Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes for breakfast, and didn’t have any syrup. Hmmm… What to do? All I had was a pear and a bit of Pomegranate powder. I threw them in the blender and presto! OMG, this divinely luscious sauce was the result. Yummy and instant! Try it on Buckwheat Pancakes, Plantain Pancakes, or even coconut ice cream! (Recipe in my book Paleo Desserts) Yield: about 1 cup.
- 1 ripe pear, in chunks with the peel
- 1/4 cup Pomegranate powder
- 1 small slice beet (optional for a dark red color)
- 1 tablespoon filtered water, if needed to blend smoothly.
- Place all ingredients in any blender and whiz until liquefied and smooth.