This is an easy 15-minute weekday breakfast, super-luscious with an irresistibly rich flavor. My friend Shauna Ireland came to Santa Fe for a photo shoot. We made these together, she loved them, and there were no leftovers! I confess, I didn’t use pumpkin. I used butternut squash, as it has a natural sweetness, and I can buy it pre-cubed to save time. Low-carb and high in protein, these pancakes taste fabulous with Pomegranate Pear Sauce! However there are lots of other super-easy syrup options to choose from here on my website, such as Blackberry Sauce, Maple Fruit Sauce, and Paleo Caramel Sauce. This recipe makes about 10 small pancakes. Serves 2 average human beings.
Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes
- 1 cup (225 g) pumpkin or squash pulp, cooked or raw (If mixing by hand, cooked and mashed)
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3 large eggs
- 1/8 heaping teaspoon unprocessed salt
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, softened, or 57 grams if hard. (If mixing by hand, soften it by placing a small amount in a bowl, briefly in a warm oven.)
- 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch each cloves & cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive or coconut oil for cooking pancakes
- Make your pancake sauce or syrup first. There are so many possibilities! Today I used Pomegranate Pear Sauce.
- Place all the pancake ingredients into a mixing bowl or food processor. Mix very well until smooth.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. When a drop of water sizzles, the pan is ready!
- Pour batter into the skillet to make 3 small pancakes - about 2 tablespoon batter for each. I use a partial 1/4 cup measure. Cook 2-4 minutes until golden brown on the underside, and the pancake comes up easily.
- Using 2 spatulas (these are delicate), flip the pancakes carefully and cook on the other side. Place finished pancakes on a serving plate covered with a cloth to keep warm.
- Finish cooking all the pancakes and serve with your favorite sauce. Yay!
©Copyright Jane Barthelemy 2012
No Replies to "Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes"