Everyone loves this tasty blue cheese dip, no matter what their diet! It tastes just like traditional blue cheese dip, except it is Vegan, Paleo, and dairy-free. A healthy appetizer you can make it in 5 minutes flat, it’s made with coconut butter and lemon to mimic that authentic “Bleu Cheese” flavor. Just blend and serve immediately, or chill for an hour to thicken even more. Make this as an elegant vegetable dip or hors d’oeuvre for any gathering. It tastes delicious with Paleo Sesame Seaweed Crackers, Gluten-Free Cheese Crackers, or Healthy Buffalo Chicken Wings! Makes 1 1/4 cups dip.
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened coconut milk, medium to thick (If your coconut milk is thin, use 3/4 cup or a little more as needed to blend.)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 - 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon pure Vitamin-C-crystals for a sharp cheese flavor (Find in the supplements section of any healthy grocery)
- 3/4 teaspoon unprocessed salt to taste
- 2/3 - 3/4 cup Coconut butter (not coconut oil)
- 1 tablespoon green onion or parsley, finely chopped
- In any blender, add coconut milk, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, nutritional yeast, Vitamin C crystals, and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Add the coconut butter last and blend until smooth.
- Put it into a serving bowl.
- Serve immediately or chill briefly to thicken.
- Garnish with green onion or parsley.