Today I was in the mood for old-fashioned cheese dip! Tangy and rich, this tastes just like sharp cheddar cheese cheese, except it is 100% dairy-free, made with luscious coconut butter, lemon, nutritional yeast, and carrot. It tastes especially satisfying with raw vegetables, Gluten-Free No-Cheese Crackers or Paleo Sesame Seaweed Crackers! You can store in the refrigerator for 4 days, or freeze for longer periods of time. You’ll nee a food processor. Makes 1 1/4 cups dip.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk, medium to thick
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons finely grated carrot
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure Vitamin-C crystals. (Look in the supplements section of any healthy grocery)
- 3/8 teaspoon unprocessed salt to taste
- 3/4 cup Coconut butter (not coconut oil)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, parsley, cilantro, or your favorite herb, minced
- In any blender, add coconut milk, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, nutritional yeast, carrot, Vitamin C, salt, and garlic. Blend until smooth.
- Add the coconut butter last and blend until smooth.
- Put it into a bowl and stir in the minced herb by hand.
- Serve immediately, or chill 2 hours to thicken.