Breakfast, lunch or dinner, this is a great way to use leftovers. If you have brown rice and a few veggies on hand, it’s a nutritious 5-minute meal. Start with 2 cups brown rice, preferably sprouted. Add lightly sautéed veggies, and top with avocado. Egg and meat are optional. Sprouted rice is tastier and supercharged with living nutrients. As a grain, rice isn’t considered Paleo. If you want to follow Paleo by the book, you can substitute quinoa or buckwheat, which are not grains. This makes 2 servings!
Start with leftover brown rice.
Sliced veggies ready to sauté. Beaten egg, sesame oil, coconut aminos.
Sauté the veggies, add optional egg and meat if using.
Layer it into your bowl and eat.
- 2 cups leftover brown rice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or organic ghee
- 4 cups sliced veggies, leftover or fresh, such as green onion, bok choy, kale, chard, mushrooms, broccoli, pepper, carrot, leek, etc.
- 1-2 eggs, beaten (optional)
- 1/2 cup cooked meat such as chicken breast or wild salmon (optional)
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons liquid coconut aminos
- In a small pan over medium low heat, add 2 tablespoons water and the leftover rice. Cover and heat until warm enough to eat.
- In a medium skillet over high heat, melt the oil and sauté the vegetables for 3-4 minutes. Add optional cooked meat and beaten eggs. Heat for 1 minute.
- Serve the rice in 2 cereal bowls. Put the veggies on top. Garnish with sliced avocado, sesame oil, and liquid coconut aminos . Yummy!