Easy to make and incredibly flavorful, this Paleo Egg Salad uses my easy vegan Cashew Mayo recipe. Try it! It’s a super-quick lunch or dinner, created especially for folks eating a clean diet, such as gluten-free, low-carb, Paleo, or almost any alternative diet. Yummy! Serves 2.
- 1 recipe Cashew Mayo with optional parsley
- 4 eggs (See The Best Eggs are Pasture-raised Organic)
- 2 green onions
- Handful chopped parsley
- One pound asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Handful salad greens
- 1 whole tomato
- Handful any sprouts (I used daikon radish sprouts)
- Handful Kalamata olives
- Prepare easy Cashew Mayo in a blender or food processor. At the end add a handful of optional parsley or herbs, and blend briefly so they're in chunks.
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Heat to boiling over high heat. Then turn down to simmer for 15 minutes - set the timer.
- Trim the asparagus and place in a shallow skillet with ¼-inch water. Bring the water to a boil over high heat. Then turn the heat down and simmer 2-4 minutes until the asparagus is al dente, or as you like it. Remove from heat. Get out two large plates and serve the asparagus on the side of each plate. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, olive oil, and lemon juice.
- Arrange the salad greens on the 2 eating plates. Add tomato, sprouts, olives, and anything else you'd like. Top each one with a few tablespoons of the cashew mayo.
- When the timer goes off, drain the eggs and plunge them in cold water - this helps pull the shell away from the egg. Shell the eggs and place them in a small mixing bowl. With a pastry cutter or fork, cut them into bite-size chunks. Add 2-3 tablespoons cashew mayo, green onions, parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and spoon the egg salad onto the plates. Eat.