Decadently wonderful, sensuously delicious. It’s hard to believe it’s healthy. Look at the 100% Paleo ingredients, unprocessed, low-carb. You be the judge. A brownie in a cup. Yes, baked in a cup. Just stir the ingredients together and bake. 20 minutes later, you’re in heaven.
Oh, you could probably nuke this in 2 minutes. But then you’d be throwing away all these healthy ingredients! Microwaving destroys 50 – 90% of the vital energy and phyto-nutrients in foods. It obliterates the natural flavors by penetrating super heat rays deep into the cells of the food. Once you appreciate the true flavors of real food, you’ll never go back. Like all my desserts, this won’t raise blood sugar or cause weight gain if you use the suggested natural zero-sugar sweeteners. You can to top it with Instant Coconut Whipped Cream if you like. Store covered for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. Serves 2
- 1/3 cup thick coconut cream such as Native Forest organic Full-fat coconut milk, or Native Forest Premium Coconut Cream
- 1 large egg
- Sweeten to taste with about 6 tablespoons Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 1 tablespoon PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 1/4 cup raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 heaping teaspoon unprocessed salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Mt. Hagen organic decaffeinated coffee
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted but not hot
- 3 tablespoons pure cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup almond meal or flour
- 1/3 cup nuts, soaked and toasted if possible (See All About Nuts)
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Get out 2 8-oz. cups.
- In a small mixing bowl or a 2-cup measuring cup, whisk together the coconut milk, egg, sweetener, vanilla, salt, coffee powder, and melted coconut oil. Stir in the cacao powder, cinnamon, almond meal, and nuts. Mix until smooth.
- Pour the batter into 2 small 8-oz cups and bake 18 - 20 minutes. Serve with Instant Coconut Whipped Cream. Yum!
Whisk the ingredients together, and pour into two 8-ounce cups.
Bake 20 minutes and enjoy!