Refreshing, beautiful, with intoxicating flavor! That’s how my guests described these wild berry crepes last night. Let the berries speak for themselves. This recipe is so simple, with Paleo Crepes, mixed berries and Coconut Whipped Cream. I guarantee it’s worth the effort! If you use the zero-glycemic natural sweeteners suggested, you’ll enjoy these without spiking your blood sugar. BTW I suggest organic berries, especially strawberries, which have porous skins that absorb pesticides much more than other produce.
They’re one of the “dirty dozen” – a list of foods to avoid unless they’re organic. For even more amazing sweet recipes, pick up a copy of my book Paleo Desserts. This recipe makes 12 fabulicious wild berry crepes, to serve 6.
- 1 Recipe Instant Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 Recipe Perfect Paleo Crepes
- 2 cups tart mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries, wild blueberries, gooseberries, elderberries, or you favorite low-sugar berry.) Slice if necessary so they are no larger than 1/2-inch pieces.
- Sweeten to taste with 1 tablespoon Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 1/2 teaspoon PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 2 teaspoons raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- 1 cup tart red berries such as raspberries, wild blueberries, or elderberries.
- Sweeten to taste with about 2 tablespoons with Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 1 teaspoon PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 2 teaspoon raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- Prepare Instant Coconut Whipped Cream, and chill well for 3 hours.
- Make 1 Recipe Perfect Paleo Crepes
- Clean and slice the berries into a small mixing bowl, setting aside a few pretty ones for garnish. Add sweetener to the berries. Mix gently. Sweeten to taste and set aside.
- Place the 1 cup red berries in any blender with the sweetener, vanilla and orange zest. Blend well, sweeten to taste, and set aside in the container.
- Get out 6 dessert plates. Each plate gets 2 crepes. Place a crepe on a plate. Place a few spoonfulls of mixed berries on the lower half, and fold the top half over it. Place another crepe overlapping and repeat. Finish filling all 12 crepes on 6 dessert plates. (Or you can roll the crepes!)
- Sprinkle fine-ground sweetener over the crepes (optional). Serve with Instant Coconut Whipped Cream Topping. Garnish with a few pretty berries. Enjoy!