These classic English Muffins are easy and authentic, you’ll want to make them – and eat them – every day! They look just like store-bought muffins – dense, fluffy, and white. Except they’re made without flour! These are super healthy, low-carb, gluten-free, grain-free, GMO-free, and won’t cause blood sugar spike or weight gain. Surprise! Their main ingredients are coconut butter and eggs!
Toast these babies and spread them with your favorite Paleo Non-Dairy Butter, Paleo Raspberry Jam, Paleo Blueberry Jam or Easy Homemade Orange Marmalade. For pure white muffins, use egg whites or egg white powder. For golden muffins, use whole eggs with a yolk. It is critical to have all the ingredients at room temperature, neither chilled nor hot. A food processor is useful but not required. To store, slice the buns, and then freeze leftovers with a layer of pan paper separating them for up to 3 months. You’ll need a set of four English muffin rings. Makes four English muffins.
- 5 egg whites (or 2 1/2 whole eggs) at room temperature (or 2 1/2 tablespoons pure egg white powder in 7 tablespoons filtered water at body temperature)
- 3/4 cup (170 grams) coconut butter. If mixing by hand, soften butter by placing the container in a bowl of warm water
- 1/4 teaspoon unprocessed salt
- 3/8 teaspoon baking soda (a little less than 1/2 teaspoon)
- 3/4 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with lightly greased parchment paper and place four English Muffin Rings on top.
- In a food processor or mixing bowl, add egg, coconut butter, salt, and baking soda. Mix until smooth.
- Add the vinegar and mix very well—this begins the rising action. The batter should be about the consistency of thick pancake batter. Working quickly, use a scant 1/3 cup measure to divide the batter evenly between the four rings, smoothing the top flat. Press the rings down gently so batter doesn’t leak underneath.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes, until barely colored on the top. Cool on a rack 15 minutes. Slice them all with a serrated knife. Enjoy!