Somebody asked me for a super-quick personal pizza. Well, here it is! So simple you can bake in a toaster oven and eat it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The delicious secret is my 3-minute Pizza Crust. I topped it with Avocado Pesto, arugula, bacon, and egg. You can use any sauce or toppings you want. Serves one.
- 3-4 tablespoons Avocado Pesto, Vegan Cheddar Cheese, No-Tomato Sauce, or your favorite pizza sauce.
- Handful arugula or baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons cooked bacon pieces, optional
- 2 tablespoons herbs such as green onions, parsley, cilantro, oregano, thyme, optional
- 1 large egg
- Unprocessed salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot flour
- 1/8 teaspoon unprocessed salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg 55 g
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Turn a toaster oven to bake or preheat oven to broil 500 degrees F. Cover the baking tray with parchment paper about 8 x 6 inches.
- Assemble toppings so they’re close to the oven.
- In a mug, stir together the ingredients for the crust: almond meal, arrowroot, salt, soda, egg, and oil. Pour the batter on the parchment paper and spread it thin into the shape you want. Bake for 2 ½ to 4 minutes, until the top is dry to the touch and it is cooked enough on the bottom that you can pick it up.
- Remove the tray from the oven and flip the bread over. Spread it with sauce and your favorite toppings. Make a secure well in the vegetables that will hold an egg, and break your egg into the hole. Add salt and pepper.
- Bake again for 3-6 minutes, keeping an eye on it. If you like your yolks runny it will be ready in about 3 minutes. If you like the yolks cooked through it will be a bit longer. Remove from the oven onto a plate. Enjoy!