High nutrition and super-quick, whipped avocado is one of my top favorite snacks. For this 5-minute blended treat, you don’t even need a recipe. An avocado dip that tastes yummy on everything, use it as a sauce for pasta or pita, sandwich spread, garnish for veggies, mayo substitute, topping for veggies, meats, or garnish for your eggs. Super-easy with a food processor, you can also make it in any blender, or mash it by hand. Makes 1 cup spread. Enjoy!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast (optional protein for an umami - cheese flavor)
- 1/4 teaspoon unprocessed salt
- In a food processor, add all ingredients: avocado, lemon juice, olive oil, basil, garlic, nutritional yeast, and salt. Process well. Enjoy!
- (If you let the finished pesto sauce sit for more than 10 minutes, put the avocado seed in the pesto. This trick prevents it from turning brown.)
©Copyright Jane Barthelemy 2012
2 Replies to "Avocado Pesto"
Sandra June 19, 2021 (2:06 pm)
Jane Barthelemy June 23, 2021 (5:19 pm)
Hello Tessa, Thanks! Love back atcha!