Here’s a super-easy avocado dip that’s delicious on everything. It’s a dip for veggies, a pizza or pasta sauce, sandwich spread, mayo substitute, topping for sauteed veggies, meats, or garnish on your fried eggs. It’s easy with a food processor, or you can make it in any blender, or mash it by hand. Makes 1 cup spread.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon unprocessed salt
- In a food processor, add all ingredients: avocado, lemon juice, olive oil, basil, garlic, nutritional yeast, and salt. Process well. Enjoy!
- (If you're letting the pesto sauce sit for more than 10 minutes, put the avocado seed in the pesto. This will prevent it from turning brown.)