Yum! Here’s the easiest high-nutrient breakfast in town. Make it in 5 minutes! Eggs Florentine sounds fancy, but it’s just eggs over wilted spinach. In Florence they poach their eggs, however you can prepare them any way you like. I love scrambled eggs because they’re quicker, and it’s easy to blend Paleo “Cream Cheese” into them. This is made with coconut butter and lemon, which tastes like cream cheese and sends the flavor right to the moon. It’s fabulous! This is a super-quick breakfast. Try using 2 medium skillets, preferably non-stick. One pan is to scramble the eggs and the other to wilt the spinach. If you get them going at the same time, you’ll have breakfast in 5 minutes! Serves 2
- 4 large eggs (See The Best Eggs are Pasture-raised Organic)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut, almond, or hemp milk, or water
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice (depending on how tangy you like your cream cheese)
- 2 handfuls assorted herbs, such as 1 green onion, 3 sprigs dill, or handful marjoram, parsley, or chives.
- Unprocessed salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 bag fresh baby spinach, or equivalent. Spinach and arugula cook quickest. If you use a heavier green such as kale, collards, dandelion greens, Bok Choy, Rabe, etc. you will need to cook it a wee bit longer.
- 2 tablespoons olive or coconut oil
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, coconut butter, lemon juice, herbs, salt and pepper.
- In the spinach skillet, pour one tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté very briefly. Add spinach, salt and pepper, toss it all together and cover the pan. Cook the greens as briefly as possible to wilt, or tenderize it so it’s easy to chew, without cooking away the nutrients. You can add a tablespoon or two filtered water and cover to steam the greens. When they’re wilted or softened to your liking, turn off the flame.
- In the egg skillet, pour one tablespoon of oil over medium heat. When a drop of water flicked on the pan sizzles, it’s ready. Add the whisked eggs. Turn the heat down and stir with a wooden spatula to scramble the eggs. Cook them as you like them - some like them runny, some like them hard.
- Serve immediately, the spinach on the bottom, scrambled eggs on top. Yum!
No Replies to "Scrambled Eggs Florentine with Dairy-free Cream Cheese"