Do you enjoy green tea, apples, and blackberries? Or would you rather buy online a bottle of Epigallocatechin-3 EGCG softgels from Walmart?
Take ginger root for example. Wouldn’t it be far more delicious to just chomp on real ginger? But now you can go online to Amazon or RiteAid to buy capsules of pure dried ginger powder from China. It’s laughable!
The list goes on. As Big Pharma races to patent expensive new anti-cancer drugs, a recent study just made our healthy choices easier! Ha ha! Right here are your top 24 natural foods that target cancer stem cells. The article appeared in the Journal of Anti-cancer Research titled “Natural Products That Target Cancer Stem Cells”. It’s well known that these nutrients kill cancer stem cells at their source in the bone marrow. Oncologists won’t tell you this. And now a new twist – as Big Pharma patents high-priced new compounds for “cancer chemotherapies” there’s a whole new world of Chinese extracts from natural foods with or without a patent. How effective are they? Do they have any potency or life force at all? It’s hard to know. Where’s my crystal ball??
Pharmaceutical giant Merck labels the active ingredient 6-Gingerol Zingiber officinal “An anti-tumor, apoptosis (cell death) inducing compound that blocks EGF-induced cell transformation by inhibiting the activation of Activator Protein-1 in cancer stem cells”. What if we just chop on the real plants? As fresh as possible!
I’m sharing with you the most intelligent approach. Eat these foods frequently!
Top anti-cancer compounds and their natural food sources:
- Epigallocatechin-3 (EGCG) – Green Tea, Apples, Blackberries, Carob.
- 6-Gingerol – Raw Ginger.
- Beta-Carotene – Carrot, Leafy Greens, Spinach, Sweet Potatoes, Yams, Broccoli, Winter Squash.
- Baicalein – Chinese Skullcap, Terminalia arjuna – Ayurvedic herb.
- Curcumin – Turmeric.
- Delphinidin – Blueberry, Raspberry, Cranberries, Grapes, Red wine.
- Genistein Flavonoids – Fermented Soy, Red Clover, Coffee, Chickpeas, Tempeh, Miso.
- Guggulsterone – Commiphora (myrrh tree) an Ayurvedic herb.
- Isothiocyanates – All Cruciferous veggies: Broccoli, Cauliflower, Kale, Turnips, Collards, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Kohlrabi, Rutabaga, Chinese Cab, Bok Choy, Horseradish, Radish, Watercress.
- Linalool – Mint, Coriander seeds.
- Lycopene – Grapefruit, Papaya, Asparagus, Mango, Carrot, Tomato.
- Parthenolide – Occurs naturally in the feverfew plant, Tanacetum parthenium.
- Perylill alcohol – Mint, Cherry, Lavender.
- Piperine – Black pepper.
- Placycodon saponin – Platycodon grandifloruim, a Chinese herb.
- Psoralidin – Figs.
- Quercetin – Capers, Onion, Apples, Peppers, Red wine, Dark cherries, blueberries, blackberries, Tomatoes, Cruciferous veggies: broccoli, cabbage and sprouts. Leafy green veggies: spinach, kale. Citrus fruits.
- Resveratrol – Red Grapes, Plums, Blueberries, Dark chocolate.
- Salinomycin – Streptomyces albus, Bacteria of the actinomycete family found in healthy soil.
- Silibinin – Milk Thistle.
- Ursolic acid – Thyme, Basil, Oregano, Apples, Bilberries, Cranberries, Elder Flower, Peppermint, Rosemary, Lavender, Oregano, Hawthorn, Prunes, Mirabilis jalapa (Aztec herb).
- Vitamin D3 – Sunlight, Sardines, Sockeye salmon, Egg Yolk, Beef, Cod liver oil.
- Ashwaganda – Withaferin A – Withania somnifera, an Ayurvedic herb called “Indian ginseng.
- Ziziphora – Ziziphora clinopodioides or Blue Mint Bush, a potent herbal tea used in the Middle East.
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”
Hippocrates, 3rd century BCE Greek physician.
- Natural Products That Target Cancer Stem Cells. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26503998
- Anti-Cancer Diet: Which Foods Target Cancer Stem Cells?, http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/25-cancer-stem-cell-killing-foods-smarter-chemo-radiation
- https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31272363/Natural Compounds Targeting Cancer Stem Cells: A Promising Resource for Chemotherapy
6 Replies to "Top 24 Delicious Foods that Dissolve Cancer Stem Cells!"
Jane Braithwaite December 31, 2022 (4:34 am)
Thank you Jane for this comprehensive list. I have shared it with family and friends.
Wishing you a year filled with peace ??love ? and good health!
Jane Barthelemy December 31, 2022 (4:13 pm)
Hi Jane, Thanks for your kind message. Yes, let’s share the good truth far and wide! Best wishes for your delicious health, and Happy New Year! Jane
elise December 30, 2022 (1:44 pm)
This is simply a comment to thank you Jane, for your wonderful information and recipes, all the year long. May the new year be one filled with health love and laughter!
Jane Barthelemy December 30, 2022 (5:27 pm)
Good morning Elise and thank you for your kind words! Wishing you a very Happy New Year filled with love, laughter and every day delightful surprises! Jane
Sandr December 30, 2022 (12:55 pm)
Thank you for providing this information!
Jane Barthelemy December 30, 2022 (5:29 pm)
Hello Sandr, thanks for your kind comment. You’re welcome. Isn’t it wonderful when we find health and joy in the Natural World? Happy New Year! Jane