Here’s a quick and delicious gluten-fee, grain-free pizza crust. It has a slightly crispy texture with a rich flavor of garlic and herbs. It’s a snap to make, as this pizza dough recipe has no yeast. This saves time, so you can mix it, press it in the pan, and use it! I prefer a no-yeast pizza crust because it saves a lot of time. You can make this Paleo pizza crust in either 12″ or 16″ size, a find the ingredient amounts for both sizes below. A round pizza pan or any flat tray will work fine – just make a bit of a rim around the edge of the pizza dough to hold the yummy toppings. Check out these recipes for classic Classic Paleo Pizza and Paleo Pizza with Barbecued Chicken. Both are fabulicious! You can even freeze this pizza dough and use it later – just press it into a flat log, and wrap with parchment paper or plastic. Enjoy!
- 1 2/3 cups almond meal or flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon unprocessed salt
- 2 eggs (110 grams out of shell) (Go for pasture-raised, organic eggs if possible)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed,
- 1 tablespoon basil or rosemary, chopped
- 3 cups almond meal or flour
- 1 1/4 cups arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unprocessed salt
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed in a garlic press, or diced
- 4 large eggs, See The Best Eggs are Pasture-raised Organic.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons herbs such as basil or rosemary, crushed (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add almond meal, arrowroot, baking soda, salt and garlic. Mix well.
- Add eggs, olive oil, and optional herbs. Mix well until a coherent dough forms, form it into a ball. (If the dough is runny, add a bit more almond meal and/or arrowroot a tablespoon at a time until it is the consistency that you can press out. You can also let the dough sit 30 minutes, or refrigerate it to firm up, but I've found it is not necessary). So go for it! Just spread it onto a tray.
- Press it flat on a 16" Pizza pan or the equivalent tray. Press dough to create a rim at the edges. Bake the crust for 20 minutes.
- Add toppings and bake!
- If your eggs are larger than standard, the dough may be too liquidy to press out. A "large" egg is said to weigh 55 grams.
Mix until a coherent dough forms.
Form it into a ball,
Press the dough flat into a 16″ Pizza pan or the equivalent size tray. Press it to the edges and create a rim. Then bake the crust for 20 minutes.
This is the finished Paleo Pizza with Barbecued Chicken.
And a slice ready to eat.