Quick. Delicious. Detoxifying. Yep, in 1 minute your tasty nutrient-dense dressing is ready. With only 5 ingredients, try it on everything! Salads, sandwiches, wraps, vegetables, quiche, crackers, chips, crudite, or as mayo. Fresh food tastes better than store-bought dressings! Now we can clear out the fridge and enjoy real flavor.
I could go on forever about the health benefits of this dressing. Cilantro and parsley are potent detoxifiers of heavy metals stored in the body. Parsley helps calm an overstimulated immune system. Its powerful anti-inflammatory benefits can help reduce pain. Cilantro contains two specific compounds called cineole and linoleum acid which fight inflammation and arthritis. Avocados contain healthy fats that can help flush toxins. They assist the body in producing glutathione, an amino acid that assists the liver in eliminating toxins. Garlic is one of the best detox foods available. It also stimulates the liver to produce detox enzymes that remove toxins from the body. Oh yes, I recommend adding garlic to any dish you like, in order to stimulate toxin elimination!
Eating just a tablespoon of this sauce each day will boost detox function, and improve your overall health. Store in the refrigerator for 6 days. But it won’t last that long. Ha Ha! Makes 1 1/2 cups green detox dressing.
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 avocado
- 1 bunch cilantro, or substitute parsley or basil, or mixed, slightly chopped including the stems.
- 1/4 teaspoon unprocessed salt
- (Optional) 1/4 to 1/2 cup water, as needed to to blend
- In any food processor or blender, place all the ingredients. Blend well until very smooth and creamy. Enjoy on salads, sandwiches, wraps, vegetables, quiche, anything you desire!