Today I needed an intense black leather stiletto heels radical chocolate fix. Yep! These flourless brownies really did the trick! I got a nice endorphin lift from the chocolate without disturbing my blood sugar. Yay! And black sesame seeds are a boost for for longevity and libido! Whoa! a real nutrition-buster treat. Even better, I got a big serving of phyto-nutrients. Yep. Fresh vegetables – beets, carrots, and kale make these bars VERY dark, almost black. And they taste AMAZING! You will need a food processor. These brownies are even more luscious with my Paleo Chocolate Sauce. Makes a 9 x 9-inch pan of brownies. That’s 16 – 24 brownies depending how you cut them. Enjoy Good Health!
- 2 cups coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 2 1/2 cups Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or your favorite sweetener.
- 2 tablespoons black chia seeds
- 2/3 cup pure cacao powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Mr. Hagen organic decaffeinated coffee
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon unprocessed salt
- 1 medium cooked beet, in chunks, about 90 grams
- 1 medium cooked carrot, in chunks, about 90 grams
- 4 ounces raw greens such as kale, chard, or spinach, coarsely chopped,
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted but not hot
- 1 tablespoon spirulina
- 1 dropper full ChlorOxygen (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond butter, or sun butter or Coconut butter (113 grams if it's hard)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped nuts, such as walnuts or almonds, soaked and toasted if possible (See All About Nuts.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper that hangs over the edges like handles.
- In a food processor with the "S" blade, add the shredded coconut and sweetener. Spin it for a minute. Open the top, stir, and spin it for another minute until the mixture is pulverized. Add the remaining dry ingredients: chia, cacao, coffee powder, spices, and salt. Mix well again and put into a large mixing bowl.
- In any blender, add the beet, carrot, greens, eggs, black sesame seeds, coconut oil, spirulina, ChlorOxygen, vanilla, and nut butter. Blend until completely liquefied. The batter will be almost black. Now pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl. Add the nuts and mix well. Pour the batter into the baking pan.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick comes out pretty clean. Cool for 1/2 hour. These slice more cleanly if chilled, but I don't mind when they melt in my mouth. These are dangerously delicious with Hot Fudge Sauce