Oh boy! I This was my breakfast today! It’s also a fantastic 1-minute snack anytime. Blackberries are refreshing and loaded with anti-oxidant compounds. Protein powder gave this treat the holding power of a full meal. It was already such a GORGEOUS COLOR, that I enhanced it with beet! Beets are a unique source of betaine, an amazing anti-inflammatory ingredient to vitalize blood circulation and protect against cancer, and vitalize your sensual life!. Anyway WOW! It was delicious! If you use one of the zero-carb sweetener options, you’ll give your blood sugar a break as well. I restrained myself today and didn’t do the Dark Chocolate Variation below. Next time I’ll go all the way… Serves 1.
- 2/3 cup blackberries, fresh or frozen
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Dash vanilla
- 1 scoop (1/4 cup) of your favorite protein powder
- 3 slices fresh beet
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate powder (optional)
- 1/2 lemon or lime
- Optional - Sweeten to taste with 2 tablespoons Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 1 teaspoon PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 1 1/2 tablespoons raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- Using any blender or food processor, blend until smooth and creamy. Process really well to grind the blackberry seeds as much as possible.
- Follow the recipe above, adding 1 tablespoon pure unsweetened cacao or cocoa powder, and 1 1/2 more tablespoons sweetener to your own taste. Yummy!