This healthy breakfast-in-a-glass consists of bananas and nuts piled up together with an easy chocolate ganache. It’s super quick to stir together, pile up in a glass and eat! Non-glycemic sweetener won’t spike blood sugar or cause weight gain. Almonds are high in protein and fiber. Unsweetened chocolate contains anti-oxidants and theobromine, that improve cognitive brain function – um – unless it contains sugar. No equipment needed. Serves one.
- 1/3 cup yogurt or premium coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons pure cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons sweetener to taste such as Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 1 teaspoon PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 1 1/2 tablespoons raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened nut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Mt. Hagen organic decaffeinated coffee crystals optional, for a deep dark coffee flavor!
- pinch salt if desired
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup almonds, soaked and toasted if possible (See All About Nuts)
- Garnish with 1 teaspoon unsweetened chocolate nibs if desired
- In a cereal bowl, stir together all the Ganache ingredients until you love it.
- In a tall glass, layer the banana, nuts, and chocolate ganache. Garnish with nibs if desired. Eat with a spoon...