Did you know pure 100% chocolate is the highest anti-oxidant food on the planet? Today was one of those days. A deep dark craving came over me – slowly – until there it wa an irrepressible NEED calling me in like a bottomless hole. Yep – this kind of chocolate emergency requires extreme measures. In a blur of the blender, my snack was ready! Only 5 ingredients and I was in creamy bliss. Ahhhhhhhhhhh…. Wild blueberries add a refreshing jolt of superfood nutrient heaven. Check it out! You’ll have no blood sugar spike or weight gain if you use any of the suggested non-glycemic sweeteners. Serves one. Guess who?
- 3/4 cup cashews, preferably toasted and soaked
- 2/3 cup full-fat coconut milk (I used 1/4 cup Coconut Milk Powder, and filled it up to 2/3 cup with warm water)
- 5 tablespoons sweetener to taste such as Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or Swerve sweetener, or 1 tablespoon PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 3 tablespoons raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- 3/4 cup wild blueberries. They'll be yummiest at room temperature.
- Splash vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup pure cacao powder unsweetened
- Blend in any blender or food processor until smooth: cashews, milk, sweetener, blueberries, and vanilla, if using.
- Add cacao powder and blend again. The mousse will thicken deliciously. Now enjoy!