Here’s a super-quick and nutritious pick-me-up or dessert. You’ll love the creamy texture. It’s so simple, made with pure strawberries and coconut. Just blend, chill and serve. Only 5 ingredients plus love make it low-carb and luscious. Find lots more luscious treats in my book Paleo Desserts! Serves 2.
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, or 1 package frozen and very well drained (I suggest organic strawberries, as they're one of the "dirty dozen" foods that absorb a lot of pesticides.)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Sweeten to taste with about 1/3 cup Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 1 tablespoon PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 4 tablespoons raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened. (Place the jar in a large bowl of hot water)
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, softened. (Place this jar in the bowl of hot water) Or you can substitute cashews softened in water for 1-6 hours and well drained.
- Place the coconut oil and coconut butter in a bowl of hot water to soften.
- Wash strawberries, remove stems and leaves. Save a nice one to garnish.
- Add all ingredients to any blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Blend until the coconut oil and coconut butter are completely liquefied and there no little white pieces. They'll soften and melt at 78 degrees F.
- Pour into dessert cups and chill 1 hour to thicken. You can chill it faster in the freezer - just don't freeze it so hard that you break your glass.
- It's time for LOVE!