There are just two kinds of food. NUTRITIOUS food and EMPTY food. The simple story this: Nutritious Food has vitamins and minerals directly from nature. Real food gives you a long healthy life. Empty Food is high in sugar. It gives you FAST energy, but soon makes you more tired.
What’s your metabolic lifestyle? This is a choice we make every day between Fast or Slow energy. Our brain and all our body cells need a bit of sugar to function properly. The brain requires about 130g of glucose per day to function properly. Most people depend on a quick energy fix from empty foods. So we snack often and try to renew our energy level during the day. But sugar is addictive so we want more and more. That’s why fast, empty food makes us gain weight and get sick.
Nutritious food takes a little bit of planning, however it gives you a level energy all day, no weight gain, and lower risk of disease. This is because your body NEEDS complete nutrition. When you take a shortcut with a quick meal, you get through that day, but you harm your long term health. We all do this, and we go back and forth in our choices. This is normal. Think about it. A little planning for real food, makes a vast difference in your life.
- Are You a FAST Burner?
- Or are You a SLOW Burner?
- High-Sugar Foods are Low in Nutrition. Sugar invites Diabetes, Cancer, Heart Disease, and Weight Gain.
- Low Sugar Foods are SLOW burning, more nourishing for you, and this affects future generations.
- Low Sugar helps maintain youthful weight, long life, and low risk of disease.
- Slow and Steady Wins the Race for a Long, Happy Life.
Fast energy is low in nutrition. It tastes wonderful, but when we eat it, we miss important vitamins and minerals. Then we risk getting sick. People who eat a high-sugar diet often suffer from chronic diseases. How many people do you know with one of these: diabetes, cancer, heart disease, arthritis, or overweight? These problems are directly a result of our diet.
SLOW burning real food is directly from Nature. It is high in nutrition. When we eat it, we receive all the necessary vitamins and minerals in our diet, then we don’t get sick. We live carefully. We enjoy health for many years.
To protect your health, I suggest spending 90% of your food budget on natural foods, and less than 10% on processed foods. Unfortunately, most people do the opposite, and then we struggle with junk food cravings. Remember, ALL processed foods are designed for us to CRAVE them, by flavor manipulation and high sugar sweetness.
What metabolic lifestyle is your habit? FAST Burning? Or SLOW burning? We believe it is normal to eat high sugar foods. Like white rice and noodles. These taste wonderful and are easy to cook, but then we become addicted to quick energy. Maybe we have forgotten lessons from our mothers, grandmothers, and ancestors about how to live in harmony with nature.
Sugar takes a terrible toll on our health, causing body acidity and DNA damage. Sugar causes a vicious cycle of craving and acidity, triggering weight gain, premature aging, diabetes, and heart disease. Sugar is the #1 root of all chronic disease.
WHY is our favorite flavor SWEET?
Why not SOUR or PUNGENT? Our favorite sweet flavor is like a Mother’s love. SWEET is irresistible, a biological necessity. Sweetness is Goodness. Sugar gives you a quick fix of pleasure. But then it pulls you down lower than you were before. It immediately triggers the brain centers of addiction just like hard drugs. Even just a little sugar sets up the addiction cycle, so Don’t fall into the sugar trap!
SUGAR is GOOD
- Your body stores excess sugar in the form of fat and glycogen so you always have what it needs on hand to function properly.
- A little of sugar can give you a quick energy and mood boost.
- There’s plenty of sugar from real food, fruits, vegetables, herbs, and dairy.
- These real foods are also high in vitamins and minerals, to provide you with the long-term strength you need.
SUGAR is BAD
- Added sugar is bad. We don’t need added sugar. There’s enough sugar in broccoli, carrots, and all vegetables.
- A HIGH sugar diet is known to cause heart disease, weight gain, diabetes, depression, cancer, arthritis, and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Sugar is addictive. The more you consume, the more you crave.
- High Sugar foods are LOW in vitamins and minerals.
- Too much sugar causes sluggish digestion, body acidity. It makes other ailments worse, like blood pressure, urinary tract infections, acne, weight gain, headaches, digestive disorders.
When we eat a modern diet, we almost always gain weight as we grow old. When we lack important vitamins and minerals, it is impossible to exercise enough to stay slim. Most of us will have a big belly by 60 years old. Our diet is our choice. We make this choice for our families at every meal. Some people will die of cancer or diabetes. We can prevent this fate from happening to us and our children by eating a healthy diet.
We think our modern diet is normal, because everybody eats like this. But in fact our diet has changed radically in the past few hundred years. Dutch and British colonial foods include white flour, white rice, sugar and fried foods. Our modern food industry pushes these processed foods, which doesn’t help us enjoy a long life.
Many hundreds of years ago, our ancestors ate mostly vegetables, fruit, nuts, roots, and meat. They ate a wide variety of foods from nature. Their diet was very high in fats and protein, low in grains and sugar foods. Now, the average person’s diet is very different, and our health suffers. Chronic diseases on the rise. Our food choices are even more important in modern times. Quite simply, our bodies were not designed to eat large amounts of sugar, snack foods, white rice, bread, flour, potatoes, or processed foods.
Real foods are high in vitamins and minerals. We are lucky to have delicious foods from nature everywhere. They taste so much better than processed foods. We need to plan our meals every day to build health for ourselves and our children. Many people are now remembering how our mothers, grandmothers, and ancestors lived in harmony with nature. We learn from them as they were less likely to get cancer or diabetes.
The solution is to eat more REAL FOODS from nature, and LESS PROCESSED foods. Make sure you eat healthy fats too. The best oil is is Coconut oil or Minyak Kelapa Sawit.
When we eat nature’s foods, we live longer. We don’t gain weight. We can stay the same weight our whole lives. Endocrinologist Dr. Robert Lustig says that all sugars are toxic for the body. He says: “Sugars are not short-term toxins that work over days and weeks. They do their damage over years and decades, and from generation to generation. In other words, mothers will pass the problem to their children, partly through how they feed them, and partly by what the mothers eat themselves. This changes the baby’s nourishment in the mother’s womb.
Have you ever noticed that fast foods make us tired, and slow foods make us healthy? Aha! That’s the main point! Just like the story of the tortoise and the hare. The hare ran faster for a little bit, but he got distracted. The rabbit got tired and had to take a nap. Then the tortoise won the race easily, because he just kept going all the way to the finish!
Yes, that’s true. Red rice has 5 times more nutrition in vitamins and minerals than white rice! That’s because white rice has been heavily hulled and polished. We remove and discard the most nutritious part of the rice, and keep the empty inner part of the grain. Important Hint: You need to first soak the red rice in water 8 – 12 hours or overnight. Soaking makes rice cook quicker, and removes bitter seed coatings.
To save money, it’s easy! Eat half the amount of red rice as you’re used to eating of white rice. You’ll feel very full, you’ll have MORE nutrition, you’ll save a lot, be healthier, and you’ll probably lose weight.
Everybody loves sweet flavor. But over time our sugar cravings are seriously out of control. Many people eat an average of 152 pounds of sugar per year, up from almost zero 200 years ago. Sugar addiction is unconscious. We don’t notice it in ourselves. But when we want sugar, we’ll do anything for it. So, just remember modern food is addictive, and we’re all like alcoholics.
Slow Food wins the race every time. Especially it’s a BIG WINNER when you eat nourishing food over many years. Quick energy from sugar is great, but it’s empty. You’ll lose all your vitamins, and soon you’ll be hungry again. That’s the vicious cycle of addiction.
Maybe we need to crave SWEETNESS in our THOUGHTS. Natural SWEETNESS is all around us, in the people we see, in the air we breathe, inside us, and in everything we see. Instead of taking the shortcut for quick energy, we can focus on discovering sweetness in our life. Then the “sugar fix” is permanent. It can last forever because it’s not fake or temporary. Hooray! Sweet kindness is free to share with others around you. Maybe the old-fashioned idea of real nutrition and mindful living is coming back into style. Like the Buddha said, “It’s all in your mind”. A strong mind always leads you to health and happiness.
- White Rabbit Institute of Healing
- Book: Fat for Fuel: A Revolutionary Diet to Combat Cancer, Boost Brain Power, and Increase Your Energy. by Dr. Joseph Mercola, https://www.fatforfuel.org
- Everything Sugar (and How to Eliminate it from Your Diet) with Dr. Mark Hyman
- How Big Sugar Undermines Dietary Guidelines, https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-big-sugar-undermines-dietary-guidelines/?mc_cid=d997f93ce3&mc_eid=8b98a0b916
- Book: Tripping over the Truth: How the Metabolic Theory of Cancer Is Overturning One of Medicine’s Most Entrenched Paradigms, by Travis Christofferson
- Book: Cancer as a Metabolic Disease: On the Origin, Management, and Prevention of Cancer 1st Edition, by Thomas Seyfried
- Book: Keto for Cancer: Ketogenic Metabolic Therapy as a Targeted Nutritional Strategy, by Miriam Kalamian
- Fat vs. Sugar Metabolism | Depression and Serotonin | Anxiety | Cardiolipin, Aging, and PUFA with Georgi Dinkov, https://podtail.com/en/podcast/generative-energy-streams/-28-fat-vs-sugar-metabolism-depression-and-seroton/
- Foods- Fat vs. Sugar Metabolism, https://chem.libretexts.org/Bookshelves/General_Chemistry/Book:_ChemPRIME_(Moore_et_al.)/03:_Using_Chemical_Equations_in_Calculations/3.09:_Hess’_Law/3.9.03:_Foods-_Fat_vs._Sugar_Metabolism
- The Science Behind Fat Metabolism, https://ketoschool.com/the-science-behind-fat-metabolism-60f7a3f678d0
- What Is Glycogen? Role in Diet, Exercise and More, https://draxe.com/nutrition/what-is-glycogen/
- Sugar, Metabolism, and Fat Storage, https://www.lknfitspecialists.com/2017/06/sugar-metabolism-and-fat-storage/
- 6 Ways Added Sugar Is Fattening, https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/does-sugar-make-you-fat