Here’s a quick snack to satisfy a sweet craving while providing high protein whole food nutrition. Even better, probiotics will keep your inner micro-biome running in top condition. Basically a chocolate banana coconut milkshake, I added my favorite probiotics. We get extra kudos for chocolate, because chocolate is actually a fermented food! Ha ha! However it needs to be 100% and sugar-free to reap the benefits, because sugar disturbs the gut microbiome.
With so many GMO’s and pesticides in our foods these days, it’s super-important to take probiotics and fermented foods at every meal. GMO foods cause brain fog, and Monsanto’s herbicide Glyphosate in GMO plants destroys the gut microbiome. By adding more probiotics into your diet, you could mitigate the damage, and see these health benefits:
• Stronger immune system
• Improved digestion
• Increased energy from production of vitamin B12
• Better breath because probiotics destroy candida
• Healthier skin, since probiotics improve eczema and psoriasis
• Reduced cold and flu
• Healing from leaky gut and IBS
• Weight loss
BTW I drink my smoothies warm, never cold, because ice cold drinks can shock the stomach, slow digestion, and reduce nutrient absorption. So skip the ice, and enjoy warm smoothies which are deliciously creamy and comforting. I added 3 broad-spectrum probiotics to the blender. Choose your own favorite, and enjoy this drink in 2 minutes flat. Serves 2.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 3/4 cups hot water, mixed in a glass pitcher with:
- 1 3/4 cups coconut or almond milk. I used 1 can Native Forest Organic Simple Coconut Milk. Your mixture should not exceed 110 degrees F.
- 2 tablespoons pure cacao powder or 100% chocolate (no sugar)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- A probiotic capsule or liquid. I used 2 tablespoons Inner Eco Original, 1 cap BioKult probiotic, and 1 cap Jarrow-Dophilis EPS. You can use any broad spectrum probiotic.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 scoops unsweetened protein powder - Whey protein isolate, collagen, or your favorite powder
- A few tablespoons goat yogurt, goat kefir, or Homemade Coconut Yogurt, all probiotics.
- 2 tablespoons hemp nuts
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- Place all ingredients into any blender and process until smooth.