Go green with a delicious healthy smoothie for breakfast. My day begins with a big tall one. Every morning it’s a bit different, and I drink it before a workout, yoga or qigong. This basic recipe is loaded with vital nutrition and whole food flavor. I make sure I use tart fruits, which are low in sugars and carbs. It’s important to avoid sweet fruits (those high in fructose), because who needs a blood sugar roller-coaster to start the day? The recipe is simple – you can vary it any way you like. The optional superfoods are highly recommended. Serves 1 or 2.
Algae is the single-cell organism that’s the most nutrient dense food on the planet.
Sunrise Green Smoothie
- 1 cup filtered water or hemp milk
- 4 leaves raw kale, collard, beet tops, fennel, or 1 handful spinach leaves
- 1 tart apple, such as Granny Smith, Fuji or Pink Lady
- 1 medium carrot or a small beet
- 1/2-inch fresh ginger root
- 1/2 fresh lime or lemon, peeled
- 1/2 cup tart berries such as blueberries, blackberries, açaí berries, gooseberries, or elder berries.
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground flaxseeds or 2 tablespoons flaxseed oil
- 2 tablespoons raw maca powder
- Probiotic powder
- 3 tablespoons protein powder - My favorite is SunWarrior Raw Vegan Vanilla
- 3 tablespoons you favorite green powder. Mine is Vitamineral Green Powder by HealthForce. I also like spirulina and chlorella.
- 1 dropper-full of ChlorOxygen Alcohol Free Chlorophyll by Herbs Etc.
- 1/2 cup roasted almond butter or sunflower butter
- Put all ingredients into any style blender.
- Blend until well liquefied. Enjoy!
©Copyright Jane Barthelemy 2012
No Replies to "Sunrise Green Smoothie in 1-Minute"