Healthy food should be simple and delicious. With just 4 ingredients, you’ll get your omega-3’s, raise your brain function, and build your immune system. Yay! This salad tastes amazing with my Easy Flax Oil Dressing! Beets are loaded with immune-boosting, anti-cancer nutrients, and vitamin C. They’re rich in essential minerals like potassium for healthy brain and muscle function. Omega-3 fatty acids in flax oil are incredibly important for your body and brain. DHA is a type of omega-3 that’s a structural component of the brain and retina of the eye. Omega-3’s are said to fight depression and anxiety, improve eyesight, and reduce symptoms of ADHD in children. That’s a LOT of nutrient goodness! I had this salad for lunch today!
Serves 2 as a main dish, or 4 as a side salad.
- 1 pound fresh organic beets, scrubbed or peeled, sliced into bite-size pieces.
- 3 large handfuls fresh organic baby spinach
- 1/2 cup walnuts soaked and toasted. See "All About Nuts, Soaking and Toasting for Health"
- 1 handful organic parsley, chopped
- In 1/2 cup boiling water, steam the beets covered in a saucepan, for a few minutes until they are a little soft.
- Drain the beets, saving the liquid to drink - it's quite delicious!
- Layer on serving plates: Baby spinach, beets, walnuts, and chopped parsley.
- Serve with Easy Flax Oil Dressing for Two (https://janeshealthykitchen.com/easiest-flax-oil-dressing/)
Just 4 ingredients make this salad quick, easy, and nutrient-dense. Beets,baby spinach, walnuts, and parsley, with Easy Flaxseed Dressing.
For more great BEET recipes go to Just Beet It.
2 Replies to "Brain-Boosting Beet Salad with Omega-3's"
Kim ODell October 24, 2021 (1:41 pm)
Wow, so good! Just tried this with the flax oil dressing and was amazed at how delicious and satisfying it was. A really simple mixture of flavour that’s greater than the sum of its’ parts, for sure. Can’t wait to try more of your recipes – thanks, Jane!
Jane Barthelemy November 17, 2021 (2:54 am)
Hi Kim, Thank you for your kind comment. Yep, super simple, super tasty, super healthy. Thanks again! Jane