My passion for healthy sweets is shamefully wonderful. This luscious summertime dessert is refreshing and easy. Even better, it’s a no-bake, dairy-free, vegan, and Paleo treat, without sugar or GMO’s. It won’t spike blood sugar or cause weight gain if you use the suggested non-glycemic sweetener. The perfect cream cheese flavor comes from blended coconut butter and lemon. Ha! Luscious mango and high-protein goji berries give it a colorful chunky texture.
It tastes wonderful with my Chocolate Brazil Nut Crust, or use your favorite raw crust. Caution: If you’re nightshade-intolerant, goji berries are a nightshade, although I eat them occasionally and they don’t seem to bother me at all. Agar is a clean and easy way to thicken desserts – find agar flakes in any grocery seaweed section. You’ll need 2 mangos – one for the blended filling and one to garnish the top. Store this cheesecake in the refrigerator up to 5 days, or cut into serving size pieces and freeze up to 3 months. You’ll need a food processor or blender, and possibly a digital scale to weigh the coconut butter. Makes a yummy 9 or 10-inch cheesecake. Try it!
Spread the Brazil Nut Crust into a 9 or 10-inch pan.
Blend the filling and pour over the crust. Chill.
Serve with mango chunks and goji berries on top.
- Crust: 1 recipe Chocolate Brazil Nut Crust
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk, as thick as possible (Lite coconut milk and coconut beverage in a carton won't work, as they're too thin.)
- 1 cup sweetener to taste such as Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 2 2/3 tablespoons PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 2/3 cup raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- Zest of 1 organic orange
- 2 lemons peeled, sliced and seeded (about 150 grams pulp)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon unprocessed salt
- 200 grams (About 1 cup very tightly packed) pure coconut butter (not coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted but not hot (place jar in lukewarm water to melt oil)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons agar flakes, cooked in
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 mango, peeled and cut in coarse chunks
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1 more mango, peeled and cut in chunks
- A handful of goji berries
- Prepare a Chocolate Brazil Nut Crust. Press into a 9 or 10-inch spring form pan and chill.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the 1 cup of coconut milk, sweetener, orange zest, lemons, vanilla, salt, coconut butter, and coconut oil. Blend until thick and creamy. Add a tablespoon more coconut milk if it’s too thick to blend.
- To thicken with agar: In a shallow non-stick pan stir the agar into the 1/3 cup of coconut milk. Turn on low heat to cook and stir gently for 2 to 3 minutes, until it is bubbling and gummy, and the flakes begin to dissolve. Then add the agar mixture to the blender immediately and blend well to remove any lumps.
- To the blender, add 1 cup mango in coarse chunks, and 1/4 cup dry goji berries. Pulse very briefly, so they'll be big chunks in your filling.
- Pour the filling into the chilled crust. Refrigerate for 5 hours or overnight. You can chill it faster in the freezer for 30 minutes. However do not freeze it completely or it will be too difficult to cut.
- Serve chilled, garnished with mango chunks and goji berries.