This flourless bread is so easy you won’t believe it until you try it! Mix it in one step in 5 minutes, bake, slice, and enjoy high-protein nourishment. While it’s baking your kitchen will be filled with a delicious aroma of toasted almonds. Try it with my Blueberry Chia Jam! Made with almond butter, this bread slices and toasts beautifully, just like Fluffy White Bread which uses coconut butter. Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature, especially the eggs, as cold batter will not rise properly. You can freeze the sliced bread with parchment paper between the slices, to pull one out anytime you’re hungry. Makes one 9 x 5-inch loaf. A food processor is helpful but not required.
Hint: Try making this bread with my yummy Homemade Nut Butter. Actually you can make this recipe with any nut butter including cashews, Brazil nuts, pumpkin seeds, macadamia nuts, etc. Or a combination. Except do not use sunflower seeds or sunbutter, which will make it bright green in color. A harmless chemical reaction of baking soda to chlorogenic acid in sunflower seeds will turn your bread green as it cools. Yep, I tried it and found out! Tasted fine, but looked very strange. Ha Ha!
- 6 large eggs at room temperature (330 grams)
- 2 cups roasted almond butter
- 3/4 teaspoon unprocessed salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9 x 5 loaf pan with parchment paper so it hangs over the sides as handles.
- In a large food processor or mixing bowl, add eggs, almond butter, salt, and baking soda. Mix until smooth.
- Add the vinegar and mix very well. The batter should be the texture of smooth pancake batter. Pour the dough into the baking pan.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool before slicing.