Where can I find a nourishing grab-and-go meal with protein and vegetables? Forget sweet snacks! I’d rather chomp on these super-healthy muffins! They’re a low-carb breakfast, lunch, or dinner for busy people. Bring them as a brown bag snack! High-protein nutrition comes from almond flour, eggs, pumpkin seeds and goji berries!
These muffins are Paleo, vegetarian. They’re free of gluten, grains, dairy, GMO’s, and Monsanto’s toxic glyphosate. They’re so scrumptious no one would ever guess they’re “healthy”. Use your favorite vegetables, raw or cooked. Today I used 2 cups chopped veggies, mixed carrots and greens for a colorful photo.
Goji berries are a tasty superfood. I love them because goji berries contain more protein than any other berry! Yep, they’ve got 18 essential amino acids and more beta-carotene than any other food source including carrots. They’re a beautiful color too! However gojis are a nightshade, so feel free to skip them if you’re intolerant. You can store these muffins in the refrigerator about 3 days. Or freeze leftovers in a BPA-free container up to 3 months. I take one or two muffins out of the freezer a few hours or the evening before to thaw. Then heat in a low 200 degree oven for 15 minutes, and your warm meal will be ready! Makes about 12 regular muffins or 30 mini-muffins. Yummy!
I’m waiting for my mouth-watering muffins to finish baking!.
- 5 large eggs (275 g) at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon unprocessed salt and plenty of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (for cheese flavor)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted but not hot
- 1/2 cup coconut butter if soft (or 113 g if hard) (If you’re mixing by hand, soften by placing the jar in hot water.)
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 coarsely grated carrots
- 1/2 cups green veggies packed tight, such as, green onions, parsley, dill, basil, kale or spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup dry goji berries (omit if you're nightshade intolerant)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease muffin tins with coconut oil. Flour with coconut flour or almond meal. Have carrots grated and veggies chopped.
- In a food processor, add the wet ingredients: eggs, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, pepper, yeast, oil, and coconut butter. Process well until smooth. If you're mixing by hand, use softened coconut butter, and stir until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl (with a pour spout if possible), whisk together the almond meal, soda, turmeric, cumin. Add the carrots, green veggies, goji berries, pumpkin seeds, and stir to combine.
- Pour the wet egg mixture into the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl. Mix briefly and pour the batter immediately into muffin tins. Bake muffins 22 - 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool and solidify for 15 minutes before removing from tins.
No Replies to "Savory Veggie Muffins"