In a panic running late, I needed a quick sauce for dinner. This miracle happened, and it’s a winner! Looks and tastes like Italian tomato sauce, except it’s pure fresh veggies you have on hand. Wow! Pour it on Zoodles, Crispy Baked Coconut Chicken, or Meatloaf. It’s nightshade free and deeelicious! I love my satisfying No-Tomato Sauce, but it requires time and patienceto make. However this convenient, nutritious sauce was ready in 5 minutes. Try it next time you need a healthy sauce quicker than anything you can buy! Makes about 1 1/4 cups sauce.
Blend the veggies, pour into a pan, heat, stir, and serve!
- 1 raw carrot, in small chunks
- 3 tablespoons raw beet, in small chunks
- 1 clove garlic, chopped or smashed
- 1/4 heaping teaspoon unprocessed salt and some pepper
- 1 smallish lemon, peeled, sliced, and seeded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons sweetener such as Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 2 teaspoons raw honey. (optional)
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot flour, tapioca flour, or comparable thickener.
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional, for an Italian flavor)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley, basil, or tarragon. (Add after blending)
- Place all ingredients in blender except the herbs. Depending on the mixture you may need to add minimal water starting with a few tablespoons. Just use the minimum amount of liquid if needed to blend, or the liquid in the veggies may be sufficient. Blend REALLY well several times until liquefied.
- Adjust the color to red. If it's too pink add more carrot. If it's too orange add a TINY BIT more beet.
- Pour into a shallow pan, add herbs, heat to boiling, stir to thicken. Serve!