This quick sauce is yummy on Squash Pancakes. In fact, it tastes fantastic on everything, even meats, chicken, and sweet potatoes. Easy to blend in minutes, it is filled with whole food nutrition. The natural pectin in fresh fruit makes a thick, mouth-watering sauce.
This healthy recipe uses low-fructose fruits, like tart apples. If you use organic fruit you can enjoy the peels, which are loaded with healthy phyto-nutrients, and saves time of peeling. Keep it in the refrigerator for 4-5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months. Makes 1 1/4 cups.
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 tart apple (such as Granny Smith, Fuji, or Pink Lady), cored and cut in chunks (not peeled)
- Or any low-sugar fruit (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, tart apple, etc.)
- 3/4 cup sweetener such as Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 2 tablespoons PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 1/2 cup raw honey, or your favorite sweetener. (Just Like Sugar Brown chicory root sweetener is also yummy in this.)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch ground cloves
- Pinch ground ginger
- Pinch unprocessed salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (optional)
- Put all ingredients into any style blender: Water, fruit, sweetener, lemon juice, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, salt, vanilla, maple flavoring, and coconut oil, if using.
- Blend well until fruit is liquefied. Pour into a serving pitcher or bowl. Enjoy!