After you taste one of these delicious morsels, you’re going to want another. They’re easy to make, and loaded with high protein flavor. The bacon creates a crust around the egg, and makes this recipe incredibly delicious. Your #1 key ingredient is quality bacon. Look for non-gmo bacon with no preservatives or sugar. These bites taste even better sprinkled with optional Vegan Cheddar Cheese, which I keep it on hand in the freezer for quick breakfasts like this. You’ll need a muffin tin or 4 small ramekins. Serves 2.
Bacon Wrapped Eggs
- 4 slices bacon
- Coconut oil for greasing pans
- 4 large eggs, pasture raised organic, of possible
- 2 tablespoons crumbled Vegan Cheddar Cheese, optional
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs, such as tarragon, thyme, parsley, cilantro, chives, or green onion
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On the baking sheet, lay out the bacon strips lengthwise. Bake about 10 minutes, or until they are barely cooked, but still flexible, not crispy.
- Use coconut oil to generously grease four cups of a muffin-tin. Fill the remaining empty cups with 1/4-inch of water, to prevent overheating.
- Take a slice of bacon at a time, and wrap the inside of each muffin cup to create a ring. Carefully crack an egg into the center of each bacon-lined cup. Sprinkle with optional Vegan Cheddar Cheese, if using. Top with chopped herbs.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, until the egg whites are set. Your baking time will depend on how you like the yolks, runny or hard.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool 1 minute. Remove the bacon egg cups onto a plate. Enjoy!
©Copyright Jane Barthelemy 2012
No Replies to "Bacon Wrapped Eggs"