QUIZ: When a delicious cupcake is made with HIGH-NUTRITION beets, apple, coconut butter, and eggs, does it count as a HEALTH food? Or is it still a despicable dessert? One thing for sure, this luscious, deep red color is from REAL BEETS, never food coloring. In fact, these cupcakes are made with superfood, low-carb ingredients from NATURE that taste fantastic! That’s because these babies are free of processed foods like gluten, grains, dairy, and sugar. I think they’re even yummier than my mom’s Red Velvet Cupcakes. BTW, beets contain AMMMMAAZZING nutrients and Nitric Oxide that can fight cancer, lower blood pressure, reduce inflammation, boost stamina, support detox, and even make you a better lover! (So I’m told.) Try these cupcakes and let me know how it works for you!
Moist and irresistible with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting or Red Velvet Chocolate Buttercream Frosting, you should know that it took thirteen (13) trials for me to finally get this deep burgundy color and velvety texture. Let me tell you, that’s a lot of beets! And persistent dedication too! So, in any event, I hope you truly enjoy them. For best results, follow this recipe exactly. Yield: 12 regular cupcakes. Equipment: You will need a food processor. A digital scale is helpful, as apples and beets vary in size.
- 1 large beet, cubed and lightly steamed (170 grams)
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 tart apple, unpeeled, cored and cut into chunks (50 grams)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup Swerve Granulated Sugar-Free Sweetener, or Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener, or your favorite granulated sweetener.
- 1/2 cup coconut butter if softened. (If it's hard, you can weigh it - that's 113 grams or 8 oz.)
- 3 tablespoons pure cacao powder
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon unprocessed salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 12-cupcake pan with coconut oil, and lightly dust with cacao powder.
- In a food processor fitted with the “S” blade, add the wet ingredients: beet, eggs, apple, vanilla, almond extract, sweetener, and coconut butter. Mix very well until smooth and liquefied. This may take a few minutes and your batter will be a bright fuchsia color.
- To the ingredients in the food processor, add the dry ingredients: cacao powder, arrowroot, almond meal, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Pour the batter immediately into the prepared cupcake tins. Bake cupcakes for 22 to 27 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Don't peek, as they're delicate. Let cool in the pans on a rack.
No Replies to "Gluten-free Sugar-free Red Velvet Cupcakes with real BEETS!"