This morning I was running late and needed a nourishing snack. On the counter I had an avocado, almond butter, and a can of coconut milk. In 1 minute I blended this high-protein superfood pudding, and Wow! It’s a real meal deal. Amazing for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, or dessert, my idea was a nutrient-dense meal that won’t raise your blood sugar or cause weight gain. Just blend and enjoy! This recipe is very flexible and all the superfoods are optional. I photographed it with Instant Coconut Whipped Cream and cinnamon, both optional. Make your own version and write about it in comments below! Serves 4.
- 1 can (1 3/4 cups) full-fat coconut milk, such as Native Forest organic Full-fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons pure unsweetened cacao powder or cocoa
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 pinches unprocessed salt
- 1 teaspoon coffee powder Mt. Hagen organic decaffeinated coffee crystals
- 1/4 cup your favorite protein powder
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sweetener to taste, such as Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 4 teaspoons PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 1/3 cup raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 1 tablespoon sacha inchi powder
- 1 tablespoon your favorite green powder
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen
- 1 teaspoon pure Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin-C crystals)
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- Place all ingredients except the avocado in any blender. Blend well until smooth. Add the avocado last. Process and enjoy. Or chill to thicken more.