Delicious and easy, super-chocolaty, chewy brownies, are filled with mango chunks and nuts. Yep, they’re a tantalizing flavor combo with chocolate, mango, and avocado in every bite! These babies are Paleo, free of gluten, grains, dairy, flour, GMO’s, and sugar. They won’t even spike your blood sugar or cause weight gain if you use the suggested non-glycemic sweetener. Hooray! The recipe makes a 9 x 13 pan, just to be sure you won’t run out. I like to freeze leftovers for snacks. Makes approximately 60 bars, depending how you cut them.
- 6 large eggs (330 grams out of the shell)
- Zest of one orange
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons Mt. Hagen organic decaffeinated coffee crystals (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon unprocessed salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 1/4 cups sweetener to taste such as Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener or your favorite sweetener.
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and seeded
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or grass-fed ghee
- 1 cup coconut butter if soft, or 245 grams if hard. (If mixing by hand, soften the coconut butter gently by placing it briefly in the oven.)
- 3/4 cup pure cacao powder
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped nuts such as walnuts or almonds, soaked and toasted if possible (See All About Nuts) Optional, if you are allergic to tree nuts, skip these.
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with parchment paper so it hangs over the sides like handles. I use photo clips to hold it in place.
- In a food processor or mixing bowl, add the eggs, zest, vanilla, coffee powder, salt, cinnamon, and sweetener. Mix well until smooth.
- Add avocado, coconut oil, and coconut butter. Mix well again until smooth.
- Add the cacao powder, and mix again. The batter will be quite thick. Pulse in the mango just a few times so there are chunks remaining. Then add the nuts and pulse them in even more briefly, or mix them in by hand, so they remain in large chunks.
- Spoon batter into the pan and smooth flat. Bake 25 – 30 minutes. They may seem too moist, but they will continue baking after removing from the oven. Chill 2 hours for easier slicing, if you wish. They may crumble if sliced when hot, however SO delicious!