About 3:47 this afternoon, I seriously needed a pick-me-up. This was the perfect solution and it took less than a minute to make. Zucchini is rich in anti-oxidant vitamins C, A, magnesium and potassium, plus being low in calories and high in fiber. Besides being lusciously divine, avocados are anti-inflammatory and high in healthy fat. They contain 20 essential health-boosting nutrients, including potassium, vitamin E, B-vitamins, and folic acid. Well, if that isn’t enough, mint isn’t too shabby either – it’s an anti-oxidant green leaf with anti-cancer benefits. As a digestive aid, it relaxes the muscular lining of the digestive tract. I did feel pretty fabulous after eating this, and the flavors tasted wonderful together. You’ll need a small size blender or food processor. Makes1 1/2 cups.
- 1/2 zucchini (about 100 grams)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/3 lemon, peeled, sliced and seeded, or about 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Large handful fresh mint leaves
- 2 - 3 tablespoons (optional) sweetener to taste, such as Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 2 teaspoons raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- Put all ingredients into a small blender, or an immersion blender with cup, or a food processor. Whiz until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
“My weaknesses have always been food and men – in that order.” Dolly Parton