My new rule is to make all my recipes easier and easier – AND ever more delicious! This one is SOOOOO easy, and VERRRRY delicious! A simple quiche in a muffin cup is a great grab & go breakfast! AND they freeze beautifully, so there’s never a time when you’re desperate for a healthy meal. They taste like an egg muffin with veggies and cheese. Quick and yummy for breakfast, lunch, or a snack, these are low in carbs and high in nutrition. If you’re having them for breakfast, you can prep the ingredients in the evening, then assemble and bake in the morning. Freeze leftovers in a BPA-free container for a quick & healthy breakfast next week. Pull a couple out of the freezer the night before, defrost, and then heat for 20 minutes in the oven. Yum! Yield: 12 mini quiches.
My new rule is to make all my recipes easier and easier – AND ever more delicious!
Mini Quiches, Paleo Style are SOOOOO easy, and VERRRRY delicious!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour or almond meal or flour
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- 1/2 carrot, grated
- 1 handful green herbs like parsley or cilantro (I used arugula because I love the tart flavor)
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
- 6 ounces (1/2 package) natural, unsweetened Prosciutto, cut into small pieces, (The meat is optional)
- 1/2 cup almond meal or flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 to 3/8 teaspoon unprocessed salt
- Plenty ground black pepper
- 9 eggs, organic and pasture-raised if possible.
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk, or your favorite alternative milk
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional, for cheese flavor)
- 1 tablespoons lemon or lime juice (optional, for sharp cheese flavor)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously grease and flour a 12-muffin tin, to keep muffins from sticking.
- Layer into the bottom of each muffin tin: green onion, carrot, green herbs, shredded coconut. Add optional meat, if desired. With the handle of a spoon, push the filling toward the center and away from the edges in each muffin cup. This helps the eggs fill in the sides for a pretty muffin shape.
- In a mixing bowl or food processor, mix all batter ingredients: almond meal, baking powder, salt, pepper, eggs, coconut milk, yeast, and lemon or lime juice, if using. Mix well. Slowly pour batter over the filling in the muffin tins. Fill them all the way to the top.
- Bake 24 - 28 minutes, or until muffins have risen and are slightly browned. Enjoy! These are yummy WARM!
5 Replies to "Mini Quiche, Paleo Style!"
Dee March 13, 2022 (1:01 pm)
I substituted munched mushrooms for shredded coconut. Tastes great!
Dee March 13, 2022 (1:02 pm)
Jane Barthelemy April 11, 2022 (5:37 am)
Jane Barthelemy April 11, 2022 (5:40 am)
Munched or minced? Sounds wonderful!!!
Ava Q. May 28, 2021 (8:44 am)
I love this! I made it for my family and everybody loves it!
I felt a bit adventurous and added some red bell pepper, which I had already cooked tender before, and it was a tasty addition!