This amazing cake is rich and warm with the flavor of apple and fresh ginger. Paleo Caramel Sauce adds a sweet taste to each bite, enhancing the Old-World homemade flavor. It’s delicious moist texture comes from coconut, tart apples, and pasture-raised organic eggs.Apples are high in pectin, which helps bind the gluten-free, grain-free cake. It’s super low in carbs and low glycemic if you use one of the suggested natural zero-calorie sweeteners. Find more Paleo Desserts at my website PaleoDesserts.com! You’ll need a 10 to 12 cup Bundt Pan, a food processor, and any blender. A digital scale is optional. Serves 10 – 15.
- 1 Recipe Paleo Caramel Sauce
- 1 2/3 cups Just Like Sugar Brown natural chicory root sweetener, or 5 tablespoons PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 1 cup raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- 1 2/3 cups shredded unsweetened coconut flakes (not coconut flour)
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/2 teaspoon unprocessed salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature. See The Best Eggs are Pasture-raised Organic
- 2 large tart apples (I recommend Granny Smith) unpeeled, cored, in large pieces (about 400 grams)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, chopped (40 - 50 grams)
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped nuts (See All About Nuts.)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 10 to 12 cup Bundt pan generously with coconut oil and dust with coconut flour or arrowroot powder.
- In a dry food processor fitted with the “S” blade, grind the sweetener to a very fine powder.
- Add the shredded coconut to the sweetener in the food processor. Spin it for a minute until a very fine powder. Open the lid, stir the bottom, replace the lid, and grind again until the powder is uniformly fine.
- To the ingredients in the food processor, add the arrowroot, salt, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, allspice, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix well.
- In any blender, add the eggs, apple, vanilla, orange zest, ginger, yacon syrup, and maple flavoring (if using). Blend well until the ginger and apple are well liquefied, and then add this mixture to the dry ingredients in the food processor. Mix well and then pulse in the nuts briefly so they remain in large pieces.
- Pour the batter into the prepared Bundt pan. Bake 40 to 50 minutes. While the cake bakes, prepare the Paleo Caramel Sauce
- When the cake is done, a toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean. Let the cake cool for 3 hours in the pan. To turn the cake out, use a table knife to gently release the sides of the pan around the edges and inside on the ring. Gently tip the cake over a bit on all sides into your hand, to be sure it comes away from the pan all the way around. Then flip the cake gently onto a large serving platter. Pour Caramel Sauce over the cake. Serve with caramel sauce over each piece!
“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas!” George Bernard Shaw
No Replies to "Paleo Apple Ginger Cake with Caramel Sauce"